Narrative of the voyage of H.M.S. Samarang, during the years 1843-46 : employed surveying the islands of the Eastern Archipelago : accompanied by a brief vocabulary of the principal languages / by Captain Sir Edward Belcher ... ; with notes on the natural history of the islands by Arthur Adams.
- London : Reeve, Benham, and Reeve, 1848.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS601 B42 1848Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by George Hawkins; after W. Brown, Arthur Adams, J. Richards, Edward Belcher and Frederick Marryat.
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Binder's ticket: Westleys & Clark, London.
BAC: Three folded maps in front endpaper pocket.
"Vocabulary of languages" (English, Spanish, Malay, Bisayan, Sooloo, Hoco, Batan, Cagayan, Tagala, Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Abbey, J.R. Travel 528
- Subject Terms:
- English language -- Dictionaries -- Polyglot.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1848.Malay Archipelago -- Description and travel.Malay Archipelago -- Languages.Natural history -- Malay Archipelago.Reeve, Benham, and Reeve -- Publisher.Samarang (Ship)Voyages and travels.Westleys & Clark -- Binder.
YCBA Collections Search
Belcher, Edward, Sir, 1799-1877, Narrative of the voyage of H.M.S. Samarang, during the years 1843-46 , 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.