Narrative of the Earl of Elgin's mission to China and Japan in the years 1857, '58, '59 / by Laurence Oliphant ... ; with illustrations from original drawings & photographs.
- Edinburgh ; William Blackwood and Sons, 1859.
London : William Blackwood and Sons, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS760 O46 1859Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by M[ichael] Hanhart and N[icholas] Hanhart; after Laurence Oliphant and F.G.B. Bedwell.
BAC: Binder's ticket: Edmonds & Remnants, London.
BAC: Spine title: Narrative of Lord Elgin's mission to China and Japa
- Subject Terms:
- Blackwood (William) and Sons -- Publisher.China -- Description and travel.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Imprints -- 1859.Edmonds & Remnants -- Binder.Hanhart, Michael & Nicholas -- Printer.Japan -- Description and travel.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1859.Voyages and travels.
- Chromolithographs -- 1859.
YCBA Collections Search
Oliphant, Laurence, 1829-1888, Narrative of the Earl of Elgin's mission to China and Japan in the years 1857, '58, '59 , 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.