The marine botanist : an introduction to the study of the British sea-weeds : containing descriptions of all the species, and the best method of preserving them / by Isabella Gifford.
- Third edition, greatly improved and enl., with illustrations printed in oil colours by W. Dickes.
- Brighton : R. Folthorp ..., 1853.
- Physical Description:
- xl, 357 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK573 G5 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by William Dickes.
BAC: Bound by: Westleys & Co., Friar Street, London.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Great Britain.C hron. 1853.Folthorp, R. -- Publisher.Marine algae -- Great Britain.Marine plants -- Great Britain.Natural history -- Great Britain.O'Mahony, E. -- Autograph, March 3, 1932.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.Westleys & Co.
- Brighton (England) -- 1853.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1853.
Lithographs -- 1853.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.