Stable scenes / drawn on stone by J.W. Giles ; from paintings made expressly by R.B. Davis ... ; and printed in the improved methods of two tints.
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., 96, Strand, 1838.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 4 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 57 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 22Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by A. Ducôte.
"Price, the set, prints, in two tints, 16s, in colours £1.4s"--Cover.
Issued as a companion piece to "Kennel scenes," published in 1837. See Schwerdt.
Description of the plates, p. .
Publisher's advertisements, p. -.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 64
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), 108
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, II, 223
BAC: British Art Center copy unbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann and Co. -- Publisher.Ducôte, A. -- Printer.Horses in art.Hunters (Horses)
- Publishers' advertisements.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
- The foal
- First discipline, 3 years old
- The bar, 4 years old
- The hunter, 5 years old.