- London : Published by R.B. Davis, 10 Wilton St., Grosvenor Place, 1836-1841.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pt. : col. ill. ; 63 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 23 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 23 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs printed by J. Graf.
Title and imprint from printed wrappers.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 63-65
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), 107
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, I, p. 258-259
Podeschi, J.B. Horse and horsemanship, A26
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is complete. Unbound. Includes the original printed wrappers for part no. 4. Provenance: Duke of Gloucester.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is incomplete: lacks part no. 4. Includes an incomplete extra copy of part no. 2, comprised of the wrapper, the key plate, and text leaf. All parts in publisher's original printed red wrappers.
Each part in the first series (parts 1-3) comprises one or two leaves of letterpress and four hand-colored prints of fox-hunting scenes lithographed by John West Giles, after Richard Barrett Davis. The second series (part 4) is comprised of aquatint engravings by J. Harris and H. Guest, after Richard Barrett Davis.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Gloucester, Duke of -- Provenance.Horsemanship -- Great Britain.Horses in art.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1836-1841.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1836-1841.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.