- Made in England, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 2 hairpins : metal ; each 55 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT966 .H2a Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Elisabeth FairmanView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Commemorative hairpins (kirby-grips) in celebration of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, on 2 June 1953. The top end of each pin features a small decorative crown. Both pins are attached to a small printed board (10 x 8 cm), on which the face of the new Queen is illustrated, along with flags of the Union Jack and the royal arms.
- Subject Terms:
- Coronations -- Great Britain.Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926- -- Coronation.Great Britain -- History -- Elizabeth II, 1952-Hairdressing -- Equipment and supplies.Hairstyles -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.