A new book of horses and carriages / designed & etch'd by T. Rowlandson.
- Additional Title(s):
Rhedarium, for the sale of all sorts of carriages, by Gregory Gigg
- [London] : Pubd. by E. Jackson, No. 14, Mary le bone Street, Golden Square, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 80Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- At head of title leaf etching: The rhedarium, for the sale of all sorts of carriages, by Gregory Gigg.
Date of publication from plate 5.
Entirely etched, including title page.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 150
Falk, B. Thomas Rowlandson, p. 210
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, I, p. 107
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tan three quarter morocco and yellow cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Carriages -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Coaching (Transportation) -- Early works to 1800.Etchings, Colored -- Specimens -- 1784.Jackson, E. -- Publisher.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 18th century.
- Engraved title page
- A hack
- Loading a timber waggon
- Brewers Drays
- A gig
- A cart loaded with sacks
- Draymen and empty cart
- Millers Waggon
- A coach.