List of dances.
- [England?] : [s.n.], [ca. 1920?]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 116 x 63 cm + 1 graphite pencil
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1746 .L57 1920 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The British Art Center has a set of 11 copies of the dance card, 9 of which have the attached pencil. In all 11 copies, a program of 20 dances has been recorded (in a single hand), in pen and black ink. This program of dances includes five valses, four one-steps, four two-steps, four foxtrots, one Sir Roger, one Swedish dance, and one gallop (the concluding dance). The lines for "engagements" remain blank; presumably this set of dance cards went unused.
Printed dance card. The front cover bears the title (printed in gold) and an illustration of a potted rose bush, printed in black, green, and red. The inside of the dance card, printed in green, has 20 numbered lines (plus 2 "extras") on which to record the "programme" of dances on the left-hand page, and the "engagements" on the right-hand page. The dance card suggests an "interval" between dances 10 and 11. Included with the dance card is a small graphite pencil (5 cm, coated in pink) which is attached to a hole at the base of the dance card via a length of pink yarn (19 cm).
- Subject Terms:
- Balls (Parties) -- Great Britain.Dance -- Miscellanea.Dance parties -- Great Britain.
- Dance cards -- Great Britain.
Pencils (drawing and writing equipment)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.