IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hayes, Michael Angelo, 1820-1877, Car travelling in the south of Ireland in the year 1836 , 
Car travelling in the south of Ireland in the year 1836 : Bianconi's establishment : in six plates / from drawings by M.A.H.
- London : Published, January, 1837, by Ackermann and Co., 96, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- VI leaves of plates : all ill. ; 53 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 86Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 466
Aquatints by John Harris; after Michael Angelo Hayes.
Printed by W. Tuttle, 10, Essex Street, Strand.
"Price, £1. 4s. the set."--Cover.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 91
Publisher's advertisements, p.  of printed wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original printed wrappers; stitched.
The plates illustrate the coach service of Charles Bianconi.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann and Co. -- Publisher.Bianconi, Charles, 1786-1875.Carriages and carts -- Ireland -- Pictorial works.Coaching (Transportation) -- Ireland -- Pictorial works.Transportation -- Ireland -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Tuttle, W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1837.
- I. Getting ready. Hearn's Hotel, Clonmel
- II. Arriving at the end of a stage
- III. On the road at full pace
- IV. Taking up a passenger
- V. Dropping a Passenger
- VI. The arrival at Waterford. Commin's Hotel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.