Northampton Grand Steeple Chase, Sept. 2nd, 1833
- Northampton Grand Steeple Chase [graphic] : March 23rd, 1833.
- London : Published by Thos. McLean, 26 Haymarket, Sept. 2nd, 1833.
- Physical Description:
- 7 prints : aquatint ; 39 x 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 87Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A set of seven aquatints (including a key plate), engraved by Henry Pyall, after James Pollard. The key plate, dedicated to the Gentlemen of the Pytchley Hunt Races, reproduces the same image as plate 1, but lists the horses, riders and colors.
The title appears below each subject.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 135-136
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), 221
BAC: British Art Center copy is unbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain.Horse sports -- Great Britain.McLean, Thos. -- Publisher.Northampton (England) -- Pictorial works.Sporting prints.Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.