Scenes on the road, or, A trip to Epsom and back : four coloured plates / after James Pollard.
- Additional Title(s):
Scenes on the road
Trip to Epsom and back
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., 96 Strand, and R. Ackermann, 191 Regent Street, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- IV leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 44 x 59 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 30Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatint engravings by John Harris; after James Pollard.
Cover title, from publisher's printed wrappers.
Advertisement for Ackermann's "Catalogue of standard sporting prints" printed on back cover.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 135
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed.), p. 222
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in light blue moire silk. In dark green cloth slip case. Original printed paper wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann and Co. -- Publisher.Carriages and carts -- Pictorial works.Coaching (Transportation) -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Derby (Horse race)
- Publishers' advertisements.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
- I. Hyde Park Corner
- II. The Lord Nelson Inn, Cheam
- III. The cock at Sutton
- IV. Kennington Gate.