The original picture of London : enlarged and improved : being a correct guide for the stranger, as well as for the inhabitant, to the metropolis of the British empire : together with a description of the environs.
- 26th ed., rev. and corr. to the present time.
- London : Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, [1829?]
- Physical Description:
- liv, 498 p.,  leaves of plates (2 fold.) : ill., map, plan ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA679.F32 O75 1829Yale Center for British Art, Hohenzollern-Schlaberg-Hughes Collection, Gift Thomas Lowe Hughes, Yale JD 1952Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an added engraved title page: The original picture of London re-edited by J. Britton.
First issued in 1802 under title: The picture of London for 1802.
Authorship from NUC pre-1956.
Imprint date inferred from text of Introduction.
With engraved illustrations of prominent buildings of London.
NUC pre-1956, 169:280
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in green roan; rebacked. Inscribed: Charles Frederick Schlaberg.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- Guidebooks.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green -- Publisher.Schlaberg, Charles Frederick, 1794-1883 -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Feltham, John, fl. 1797-1799, The original picture of London , [1829?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.