Friedrick III [graphic].
- [Coventry, England] : [Thomas Stevens], [1888?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : col. ; 11 x 6 cm, in frame 20 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDD224 . F75 1888 FlatYale Center for British Art, Hohenzollern-Schlaberg-Hughes Collection, Gift Thomas Lowe Hughes, Yale JD 1952Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- The picture depicts Frederick III, in military uniform, above the coat of arms of Germany, which is flanked by German flags. The picture is entirely in black and gray except for the arms and flags, which are embroidered in red, white, and gold.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Title from Sprake.
Description based on the copy at the Yale Center for British Art, which is tightly framed by a mat that may obscure the original title and imprint.
Sprake, A. Price guide to Stevengraphs, 109
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 107a
BAC: British Art Center copy is matted and framed. An inscription on the reverse notes that the picture was "mounted by Stevens' Austrian agent."
- Subject Terms:
- Frederick III, German Emperor, 1831-1888 -- Pictorial works.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.