Marshall Blucher, Prince of Wagstadt [graphic].
- [London?] : [W.B. Walker?], [1815?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : verre églomisé ; 22 x 18 cm, in frame 33 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA68.12.W4 D85 1815a Flat AYale Center for British Art, Hohenzollern-Schlaberg-Hughes Collection, Gift Thomas Lowe Hughes, Yale JD 1952View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Visual Materials
- Portrait of Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, whose likeness is framed by the flags of Great Britain and Prussia. The print is commemorative of the Battle of Waterloo.
The reverse color print is executed on the underside of the glass (and hand-colored).
Description based on a copy at the Yale Center for British Art. The YCBA copy is enclosed within a wooden frame, part of which may obscure the item's printed statement of responsibility. The YCBA has a very similar verre églomisé signed "Printed by W.B. Walker, 4 Fox and Knot Court, Cow Lane, London." It is likely that the present item is also by Walker.
BAC: British Art Center copy is enclosed within a wooden frame.
- Subject Terms:
- Blücher, Gebhard Leberecht von, 1742-1819 -- Portraits.Marshals -- Germany -- Prussia.Prussia (Germany) -- History -- 1806-1815.Prussia (Germany). Armee -- History.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815.
- Verre églomisé.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.