Walker, W. B, Marshall Blucher, Prince of Wagstadt, commander in chief of the Prussian army, [1815?]
- Marshall Blucher, Prince of Wagstadt, commander in chief of the Prussian army [graphic] : who so bravely assisted the British in defeating the French, 18 June, 1815, at the Battle of La Belle-Alliance & restoring to Europe peace and commerce / painted by W.B. Walker, 4 Fox and Knot Court, Cow Lane, London.
- [London] : [W.B. Walker?], [1815?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : verre églomisé ; 26 x 35 cm, in frame 29 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 50Yale Center for British Art, Hohenzollern-Schlaberg-Hughes Collection, Gift Thomas Lowe Hughes, Yale JD 1952Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- An allegorical picture commemorating Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher's leadership at the Battle of Waterloo.
The reverse color print is executed on the underside of the glass (and hand-colored).
BAC: British Art Center copy is enclosed within a wooden frame.
- Subject Terms:
- Blücher, Gebhard Leberecht von, 1742-1819 -- Portraits.Marshals -- Germany -- Prussia.Prussia (Germany) -- History -- 1806-1815.Prussia (Germany). Armee -- History.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815.
- Verre églomisé.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.