To the Right Honble. Mary Countess Harcourt these etchings of domestic subjects &c. are respectfully dedicated / by her obliged and very faithful servant J.F. Lewis.
- Additional Title(s):
Etchings of domestic subjects
- [London] : [Published by F.C. Lewis, 53 Charlotte St., Portland Place], [1825-1836]
- Physical Description:
-  prints : etchings ; 40 x 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 89Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Etchings by and after John Frederick Lewis.
Imprint from plates. The plates are variously dated from 1825 to 1836 (and a number are undated).
The dedicatory title page is engraved.
The original drawing for "Mare and foal," the second print in the present volume, is now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Prints and Drawings, B1975.4.1825).
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 116
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later quarter brown calf and brown cloth, with calf title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Dogs in art.Etching -- Specimens -- 1825-1836.Horses in art.Lewis, F.C. -- Publisher.
- The cottage door
- Mare and foal
- Horses ploughing
- The stable door
- Ass & foal
- The interior of a shed
- Wounded deer
- Buck shooting
- "Jocko" (the head of a monkey)
- A German wild boar.