Celebrated packs of foxhounds. Vol. I.
- [London] : Published by Elliott & Fry, 55, Baker Street, London, W., 
- Physical Description:
- 20 photographic prints : platinum prints ; 10.5 x 14.3 cm, in album 21.9 x 30.0 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 91Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from publisher's engraved label.
No more published?
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled black morocco with white watered silk endpapers.
Photographs of packs of foxhounds for 20 notable fox hunts in England. The platinum prints are from the studio of Elliott & Fry. The name of the hunt (and the master of each hunt) is recorded below each photograph.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Hunting dogs -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
Platinum prints -- 1898.
- Duke of Beaufort's
- South Cheshire
- Mr. Fernie's
- Lord Fitzwilliam's
- Four Burrow
- Mr. Garth's
- Sir John Thursby's.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.