Peb 71 : a limited edition of one hundred caricatures of the thoroughbred racing world by Peb, numbered from 1 to 150.
- [Elmont, New York] : [Fasig-Tipton Company], 
- Physical Description:
-  p., 100 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 97Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Foreword by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt.
"This special collection of lithographs is printed on felt finish Artone by Nakoosa. Sketches by Peb appear exclusively in the Morning Telegraph and Daily Racing Form."--P. .
A portfolio of loose plates housed in a tan linen clamshell box; title stamped in blue on lid.
BAC: British Art Center copy loose plates laid in original linen clamshell box. No. 6 of 150 copies, inscribed to Paul Mellon by the artist, Aug. 8,1971.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse owners -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.Horse racing -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.Horsemen and horsewomen -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1971.Mellon, Paul -- Pres. insc. from Peb, Aug. 8, 1971.Peb -- Pres. insc. to Paul Mellon, Aug. 8, 1971.Race horses -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.