Fergusson, Peter, 1934-, Canterbury Cathedral Priory in the age of Becket , c2011
Canterbury Cathedral Priory in the age of Becket / Peter Fergusson.
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 190 p. : ill. (mostly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA5471.C25 F47 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Illustration on lining paper.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and society -- England -- Canterbury -- History -- To 1500.Christ Church Priory (Canterbury, England)Church architecture -- England -- Canterbury -- History -- To 1500.Wibert, Prior, d. 1167 -- Art patronage.
- The extent of Prior Wibert's renewal
- Prior Wibert
- The Eadwine Psalter drawings of the Priory Precinct
- The great cloister
- The architecture of hospitality for distinguished guests
- The green court
- Care of the sick and aged : the infirmary and related buildings
- Cathedral church enhancements and related buildings
- Appendix A. The priory chapter's 1167 obit of Wibert
- Appendix B. List of priors and archbishops in the twelfth century.