IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Fergusson, Peter, 1934-, Canterbury Cathedral Priory in the age of Becket , c2011
Canterbury Cathedral Priory in the age of Becket / Peter Fergusson.
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 190 p. : ill. (mostly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA5471.C25 F47 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustration on lining paper.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and society -- England -- Canterbury -- History -- To 1500.Christ Church Priory (Canterbury, England)Church architecture -- England -- Canterbury -- History -- To 1500.Wibert, Prior, d. 1167 -- Art patronage.
- The extent of Prior Wibert's renewal
- Prior Wibert
- The Eadwine Psalter drawings of the Priory Precinct
- The great cloister
- The architecture of hospitality for distinguished guests
- The green court
- Care of the sick and aged : the infirmary and related buildings
- Cathedral church enhancements and related buildings
- Appendix A. The priory chapter's 1167 obit of Wibert
- Appendix B. List of priors and archbishops in the twelfth century.