Fergusson, Peter, 1934-, Canterbury Cathedral Priory in the age of Becket , c2011
- Canterbury Cathedral Priory in the age of Becket / Peter Fergusson.
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 190 p. : ill. (mostly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA5471.C25 F47 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Illustration on lining paper.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction -- The extent of Prior Wibert's renewal -- Prior Wibert -- The Eadwine Psalter drawings of the Priory Precinct -- The great cloister -- The architecture of hospitality for distinguished guests -- The green court -- Care of the sick and aged : the infirmary and related buildings -- Cathedral church enhancements and related buildings -- Context -- Appendix A. The priory chapter's 1167 obit of Wibert -- Appendix B. List of priors and archbishops in the twelfth century.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and society -- England -- Canterbury -- History -- To 1500.Christ Church Priory (Canterbury, England)Church architecture -- England -- Canterbury -- History -- To 1500.Wibert, Prior, d. 1167 -- Art patronage.