The garden / drawings, Sergio Galaviz ; colouring, Katriona Chapman.
- [London] : Published by Tomatito Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (20 p.) : col. ill. ; 10 x 180 cm, folded to 10 x 8 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.G35 G37 2011Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from artists' website.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 2 of 50.
" ... This book is a collaboration between artist and photographer Sergio Galaviz, and Tomatito's illustrator Katriona Chapman. The book is a hard-back concertina book of  illustrations that have been drawn in ink by Sergio and coloured by Katriona with pencils. They are a celebration of form, pattern and colour, and suggest a surreal compendium of other-worldly organisms. The cover of each copy has been made by hand, using quality Hahnemule paper from the amazing Shepherd's bookbinders/paper merchants in Bloomsbury. The books are tied closed with ribbon, and there is a limited edition of just 50 copies."--Artist's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Imaginary creatures.Plants -- Classification -- In art.Plants in art.Tomatito Press -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.