Think outside the box / Sumi Perera.
- [Redhill, Surrey] : Sumi Perera, 2007.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 11 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.P47 T45 2007Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title on leaf : Think outside the box III.
Issued in an edition of 50 copies, signed and numbered by the artist.
The square leaves are issued unbound, in a brown paper box, with the title "Think" embossed in a leather label on the cover of the box.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 10 of 50, signed and numbered by the arist.
"This is a book based on a childhood puzzle given to me by my father to test lateral thinking. It is a common aptitude test now used in corporate cultures. Nine dots (placed in a 3 x 3 grid) have to be connected by four lines without lifting the pen from the paper. The puzzle is resolved by drawing outside the confines of the box. The embossed dots appear on the paper with each page turn, similar to the reading mechanics of artists books. In another boxed version of loose square pages on 16 sheets, one may resume reading from right to left, or from bottom to top or vice versa, echoing reading practices between different cultures"--Leaf .
- Subject Terms:
- Ability -- Testing -- In art.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Puzzles in art.
- Artists' books.
Embossed prints -- 2007.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.