Hyslop, Jane, Edinburgh , 2007
- Edinburgh : a visual handbook / Jane Hyslop.
- [Bonnyrigg, Midlothian] : Jane Hyslop, 2007.
- Physical Description:
-  p., ( folded) : col. ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.H97 E35 2007Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A visual exploration of the city of Edinburgh which distills cityscape, human, natural and geological history and which allows the viewer to peel back layers within the Old Town, the New Town, and the valley between, to see what was once there."--Artist's website.
"The book has a grey cover echoing the colour of the volcanic stone Edinburgh is built upon. It is bounded with a band illustrating the gorse which is so common on all the hills surrounding the city. The first section looks at the flora and fauna with glaciation beneath. There are three main sections that split the city into the Old Town, the valley, and the New Town, with links alluding to the ways the city can be traversed. The last part gives a sense of the new architecture with reference to the New Picturesque scenery in Northwick Park, Worcestershire Parliament, the Museum of Scotland, Poetry Library and Storytelling Centre."--Artists' statement.
"Published with support from Edinburgh College of Art."--Colophon.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Scotland.Bonnyrigg, Midlothian -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 2007.Cities and towns in art.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- In art.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- In art.Hyslop, Jane -- Publisher.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.