Romilly's tools : an incomplete set.
- [Camborne] : TRACE Editions, c2010
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.Y34 R66 2010+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.Y34 R66 2010+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Photographs by Verdi Yahooda; text by Charles Saumarez Smith.
Issued in a limited edition of 500 numbered copies.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is no. 330 of 500 copies, inscribed by Yahooda to Elisabeth Fairman; with glassine envelope, as issued. Accompanied by 6 separately printed cards, reproducing images from the book, and a printed invitation to the book launch (21 November), inscribed by Yahooda to Elisabeth Fairman. Copy 2 is no. 56 of 500; with glassine envelope, as issued.
" This book brings together three sequences of photographs of bookbinding tools which were photographed in the bindery of Romilly Saumarez Smith in 1986. Experimenting with traditional negative film as well as black and white slide film and using different backgrounds, each sequence yielded disparate and enigmatic results."--Artists' website.
- Subject Terms:
- Aldgate Press -- Printer.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bookbinders -- Great Britain.Bookbinding -- Equipment and supplies.Photography, Artistic.Saumarez Smith, Romilly.TRACE Editions -- Publisher.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.