Purcell, E. (Edward), Landscape animals , August 1, 1822 [i.e. 1829]
Landscape animals : sketched from nature / by Edward Purcell.
- [London] : J. Dickinson, 114, New Bond Street, August 1, 1822 [i.e. 1829]
- Physical Description:
- 4 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 18 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC780 .P87 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed wrapper. With publisher's advertisement for 'New drawing books" on the back cover.
The first plate, which is not numbered, with imprint: "Published by J. Dickinson, 114 New Bond Street, 1829. Printed by W. Day, 17 Gate St."
Description based on the copy at the Yale Center for British Art. In the bottom-left corner is printed the word "No.", with "1" written in pen and black ink.
"Price 1s. 6d."--Cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original printed wrappers.
Four lithographed plates, each with multiple drawings of domestic animals.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Cattle in art.Dickinson, J. -- Publisher.Dogs in art.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Horses in art.Zoological illustration.
- Drawing books.
Lithographs -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.