[Portraits of the winning horses of the Great St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster , [1815-1844]
[Portraits of the winning horses of the Great St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster : from the year 1815 to the present year].
- London : S. & J. Fuller, [1815-1844]
- Physical Description:
- 30 prints : aquatint, hand-colored ; 56 x 77 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 41Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title from Snelgrove.
Aquatint engravings by Thomas Sutherland, Richard Gilson Reeve, Charles Hunt, R.W. Smart, Edward Duncan, and John Harris; after J.F. Herring, Charles Hancock, and Harry Hall.
Plates 24 and 27-28 published by R. Ackermann.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 93-96
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints, p. 145-146
BAC: British Art Center copy is the copy described in Snelgrove. Unbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain.Horses in art.Race horses -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.St. Leger (Horse race : England)
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815-1844.
- Filho de Puta
- The Duchess
- St. Patrick
- Jack Spigot
- The Colonel
- The Queen of Trumps
- Don John
- Blue Bonnet
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.