The artistic matronage of Queen Charlotte (1744-1818) : how a queen promoted both art and female artists in English society / Heidi A. Strobel ; with a foreword by Jennifer Germann.
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 365 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5247.C49 S76 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- England -- History -- 18th century.Charlotte, Queen, consort of George III, King of Great Britain, 1744-1818 -- Art patronage.Women artists -- England -- History -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Strobel, Heidi A., 1968-, The artistic matronage of Queen Charlotte (1744-1818) , c2011