Holy hiatus , 2010
Holy hiatus : ritual and community in public art / edited by Ruth Jones.
- Cardigan : Parthian, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 122 p. : col. ill. ; 21 x 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN72.A76 H65 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Documenting five temporary art events in Wales in 2008, this catalog discusses the art itself and also describes it in terms of social theory. Five artists -- Yvonne Buchheim, Maura Hazelden, Anna Lucas, Alastair MacLennan, and Simon Whitehead -- conceived the project and set up their own art in public spaces in Cardigan. Hoping specifically to observe the the audience response to ritual, the artists turned to cultural theory, which ranges from contemporary art to anthropology, sociology and religious studies.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists and community -- Wales -- Cardigan.Public art -- Wales -- Cardigan.Ritual in art.