Health & safety for museum professionals / edited by Catharine Hawks ... [et al.] ; managing editor, Susan H. Butts.
- Additional Title(s):
Health and safety for museum professionals
- New York : Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections ; 2010.
[S.l.] : Health & Safety Committee of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 647 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryAM7 .H435 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Cultural property -- Protection.Museums -- Employees -- Health and hygiene.Museums -- Safety measures.
- Safety and health programs & emergency management / Michael McCann
- Facility design & construction / F. Robb Altenburg ... [et al.]
- Fire program management / Bryan L. Stemen
- Occupational medicine and exposure assessment / Joseph Ladou, Dennis C. Ertel Jr.
- Occupational hazard control / Kathryn A. Makos, Dennis C. Ertel Jr., Michael McCann
- Environmental protection / Mark Hughes ... [et al.]
- International safety regulations impacting the acquisition, use, and transport of museum specimens / Frank Simione
- Particulate hazards / Jaime Szeinuk
- Chemical hazards / Angela Babin ... [et al.]
- Biohazards / Darin S. Carroll ... [et al.]
- Physical, mechanical, and electrical hazards / Margaret Skimina, Peter Gorton
- Ionizing radiation and lasers / Henry B. Spitz, David H. Sliney
- Facilities management / Daniel H. Davies
- The emergency management cycle / Katharine A. Untch
- Collections management / John E. Simmons
- Fieldwork / Stephen L. Williams ... [et al.]
- Conservation / Lisa Goldberg ... [et al.]
- Exhibit production & maintenance / Pamela B. Hatchfield
- Interpretive and interactive programs / Patricia Balderson, Harold Banks.