The Musical bijou.
- London, Goulding and D'Almaine.
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill., music ; 28-36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1 .M87+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Subtitle varies slightly.
Editor: 1829- F.H. Burney.
Added engraved title page.
Contains mostly songs with pianoforte, and pianoforte pieces, together with some poetry and prose.
The 1845 issue has chromolithographs drawn and lithographed by John Brandard, copied from illuminated manuscripts at the British Museum. Chromolithographs are printed by M. and N. Hanhart. The music is engraved.
BAC: British Art Center has 1845 issue only. Bound in original illustrated boards and quarter roan.
MUS: Music Library has 1832 issue only.
- Subject Terms:
- Dance music.Goulding and D'Almaine -- Publisher.M. and N. Hanhart -- Printer.Music -- Periodicals.Piano musicPiano music.Poetry.Songs with piano.Songs with piano.Variations (Piano)Vocal duets with piano.Waltzes.
- Chromolithographs -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.