[Commercial traveler's catalog of silver-plated ware, possibly made in Sheffield], [ca. 1780]
[Commercial traveler's catalog of silver-plated ware, possibly made in Sheffield].
- [Sheffield, England?] : [s.n.], [ca. 1780]
- Physical Description:
- 13 prints (in 1 volume) : engravings ; 24 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 114Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary marbled wrappers.
Catalog of 30 designs of silver-plated ware, on 13 engraved leaves, by an unidentified manufacturer. The volume lacks a title page, and there are no names for printers or engravers on any of the plates. Each design is consecutively numbered (A, 1-29) in pen and brown ink. Many pages bear multiple designs. Each design is also priced, in pen and red ink. Prices range from 21/- for a large cruet stand, to 2/- for a dozen small spoons. No item is named. The catalog includes designs for: salt cellars; tea caddies; teapots; spoons; candlesticks; and numerous cruets and cruet stands.
- Subject Terms:
- Commercial catalogs -- Great Britain.Cruets -- Catalogs.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Metal-work -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Sheffield plate -- Catalogs.Silver-plated ware -- Catalogs.Tableware -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
- Trade catalogs.
Engravings -- 1780.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.