Beyond Cape Wrath : ten etchings.
- [Yorkshire] : Norman Ackroyd, 2011.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates placed (unbound) inside an illustrated paper folder bearing a map of northern Scotland.
"The ten etchings are published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into box sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthbert's Mill, Somerset, England. The solander box is built by Smith-Settle in Yorkshire. Typography and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
Includes an excerpt, p. , from Donald Monro's A Description of the Occidental, i.e. Western Isles of Scotland (from his manuscript of 1549), the first known written account of the region. At the foot of the page is a glossary to this text, provided by Derrick McClure.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 90, the colophon signed, numbered, and dated by Norman Ackroyd. Each plate is also titled, numbered, signed, and dated by the artist, in graphite.
A boxed set of 10 etchings by Norman Ackroyd, depicting scenes of the remote islands of Cape Wrath, Sutherland, and the Western Isles, Scotland.
- Subject Terms:
- Islands -- Scotland -- In art.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Sutherland (Scotland) -- In art.Western Isles (Scotland) -- In art.Wrath, Cape (Scotland) -- In art.
- Livres d'artistes -- Great Britain.
Aquatints -- 2011.
- 1. Eilean Mor-Flannan
- 2. Roareim-Flannan
- 3. Sula Sgeir
- 4. Brunhilda's Cairn
- 5. North Rona
- 6. Sula from Rona-Ronan's chapel
- 7. Cape Wrath
- 8. Shepherd Rock
- 9. Shiant-Garbh Eilean
- 10. The Galtas-Shiant.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.