Marks, P. J. M, Beautiful bookbindings , 2011
Beautiful bookbindings : a thousand years of the bookbinder's art / P.J.M. Marks.
- London : British Library ; 2011.
New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 192 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryZ269 .M368 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-192).
"Visual overview of 100 bookbindings designed in the last thousand years, examining the history and technique of the craft. Includes work by binders Mearne, Padeloup, Payne, Simier, and others. Illustrated with color photographs from The British Library"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- History -- Catalogs.British Library -- Catalogs.Fine bindings -- England -- London -- Catalogs.