Pasiphaë : a poem / by A.C. Swinburne.
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 1950.
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5506 .P37 1950 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5506 .P37 1950 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece and title page are dry-point engravings, included in pagination.
"Swinburne's poem Pasiphaë, now correctly printed for the first time, has been prepared for press from the manuscript in the British Museum and introduced by Randolph Hughes, and printed for subscribers, in Bembo type, by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, 1950. The engravings on copper are by John Buckland-Wright. The edition is limited to 500 copies, of which nos. 1-100 are specially bound and contain an extra engraving."--Verso of title page.
BEIN 2012 53: No. 254.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is no. 65 of 500. Bound by Sangorski and Sutcliffe in full red vellum.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 249 of 500. Bound in original blue and yellow cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 20th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Drypoints -- 1950.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.