Folk tales and fairy stories from India / by Sudhin N. Ghose ; with illustrations by Shrimati E. Carlile.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1961.
- Physical Description:
- 147,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGR308 .G46 1961+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed and published at The Golden Cockerel Press, and printed at The Chiswick Press in the Aldine Bembo type-face on Millbourn mould-made paper. The binding of the standard copies is by Mansell and the special copies are bound by E.W. Hiscox. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies of which nos. 1-100 are specially bound."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center cop is no. 386 of 500. Bound in gilt-stamped brown buckram, by Mansell.
BEIN 2012 +18: No. 33.
- Subject Terms:
- Fairy tales -- India.Folklore -- Southeast Asia.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Tales -- India.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1961.
- Palwahn the wrestler
- The circle round the throne
- The four fortune-seekers
- How Princess Maya got her deserts
- The munificent miser
- The end of the world
- The man who read the scriptures
- The wonderful horse
- Gokul the labourer
- The jackal that fell into a dyer's vat
- The crane and the gander
- An outing with King Vikram
- Garib and the forty thieves
- Once in Benares
- The woodcock that refused to be fooled
- Lionel's foster-mother was a lioness.