Staging fashion, 1880-1920 : Jane Hading, Lily Elsie, Billie Burke / Michele Majer, [curator of the exhibition and] editor ; Lenard Berlanstein, Marlis Schweitzer, Sheila Stowell ; with contributions by BGC graduate students.
- New York : Bard Graduate Center, Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture ; c2012.
New Haven : Distributed by Yale University Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- 208 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryPN2067 .S83 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog published in conjunction with the exhibition, Staging Fashion, 1880-1920: Jane Hading, Lily Elsie, Billie Burke, held at the Bard Graduate Center: Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture, from January 17, 2012, through April 8, 2012.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Burke, Billie, 1885-1970 -- Exhibitions.Costume -- History -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Costume -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Elsie, Lily, 1886-1962 -- Exhibitions.Fashion -- History -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Fashion -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Hading, Jane, d. 1941 -- Exhibitions.Theater -- France -- History -- Exhibitions.Theater -- Great Britain -- History -- Exhibitions.Theater -- United States -- History -- Exhibitions.
- Introduction / Michele Majer
- Jane Hading. Dangerous and Influential women: actresses in nineteenth-century French culture / Lenard Berlanstein
- Jane Hading catalogue section / Michele Majer and BGC students
- Lily Elsie. Lucile and the theatricalization of fashion / Sheila Stowell
- Lily Elsie catalogue section / Michele Majer and BGC students
- Billie Burke. Stylish effervescence: Billie Burke and the rise of the fashionable Broadway star / Marlis Schweitzer
- Billie Burke catalogue section / Michele Majer and BGC students.