Finlay, Ian Hamilton, Proposal for a pair of gate piers and finials , 1990
Proposal for a pair of gate piers and finials / Ian Hamilton Finlay ; Andrew Townsend.
- [Dunsyre] : Wild Hawthorn Press, Little Sparta, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : ill. ; 42 x 44 cm, folded to 42 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 89Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mrs. Susan FullerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The 'pineapple' finials have become fragmentation grenades, while the combination of brick and stone carries a suggestion of virtue and terror."
"An edition of 250 copies."
BAC: British Art Center copy cased with Finlay's Corinthian capital (1985) and an exhibition announcement for Finlay's 10 maquettes for neo-classical structures (1992).
Broadside, folded twice, with Finlay's lithographed pier designs on two interior panels, and the letterpress on an exterior panel.
- Subject Terms:
- Finials.Gates.Little Sparta (Dunsyre, Scotland)Wild Hawthorn Press -- Publisher.
- Broadsides -- 1990.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.