Daylight / [Pauline Lamont-Fisher].
- [Wormelow] : Pauline Lamont-Fisher, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : col. ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L345 D345 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Artist's book. Comprises a sequence of 15 photographs of a tree against the rise of a hill and sky. "This sequence of photographs was taken on a single day after overnight snow. The shape of the tree and its position on the hill formed a striking image against the snow. As the day went on I captured the rapid variations in light and the contrasts between the land and the sky. I wanted the most dramatic effects rather than using a fixed time interval when taking the photographs. The resulting book makes a satisfying transition from dawn to dusk and allows us to reflect on the multiple variations that are present in a simple scene."--Artist's statement.
"Production media: Hahnemühle digital rag duo. Bockingfford Inkjet and Pergamenata papers, Inkjet ink, linen."--From information provided by the artist.
Published in an edition of 20 numbered copies.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 126
Selected exhibitions: “'Of Green Leaf, Bird, and Flower': Artists' Books and the Natural World" (Yale Center for British Art, May 15 - August 10, 2014).
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 7 of 20, signed and numbered by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Lamont-Fisher, P. -- Publisher.Nature photography -- Great Britain.Photography -- Great Britain.Photography, Artistic -- Great Britain.Women in natural history.
- Livres d'artistes.
- IIIF Manifest: