G Smith / [Pauline Lamont-Fisher].
- [Wormelow] : Pauline Lamont-Fisher, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. (some col.), ports ; 13 x 61 cm, folded to 13 x 9 cm, in folded boards 14 x 10 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L345 G76 2009Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Artist's book, comprised of a single concertina-folded sheet within a 3-panel cover. One side of the folded sheet bears a single image of gently undulating grass-covered ground. On the other side, panels bear photographic images of George Reginald Smith and a reproduction of his attestation (enlistment) papers.
"This book was inspired by a life filled with promise and meaning that was cut short by war. It reflects on the scars left in the aftermath of war, which not only live on in the memory, but also in the landscape."--Artist's statement.
"G.R. Smith, born 5 March 1899, Richmond, Surrey; died 10 October 1918, Bourlon Wood, France."--Inside cover.
Published in a signed and numbered open edition.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 11 of the open edition, signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Lamont-Fisher, Pauline -- Publisher.Memory in art.Smith, George Reginald, 1899-1918.World War, 1914-1918 -- Battlefields -- France.World War, 1914-1918 -- Casualties.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.