Prospect : the Schweppes book of the new generation / advisory editor, Roger Bannister.
- London : Hutchinson, 1962.
- Physical Description:
- 248 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Set in Bembo type and printed by The Anchor Press, Ltd., Tiptree, Essex, on a special smooth wove paper; colour plates printed by L. Van Leer & Company, Netherlands.
Pages 193-197 include a profile of Richard Shirley Smith, with reproductions of five wood engravings (Bain nos. 28-32). "Inclusion in Roger Bannister's Prospect was Shirley Smith's first national recognition as an emerging artist of talent."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 1
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 28-32
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original olive-brown cloth, with dust jacket designed by David Gentleman.
"This book is a portrait of the new generation ... of the beliefs and actions of young men and women of the Commonwealth today."--Dust jacket. Each chapter includes a brief essay by (and biographical entry about) the person profiled.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Commonwealth countries -- Biography.Commonwealth countries -- Biography.Shirley Smith, Richard.
- Wood engravings -- 1962.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.