Walking a found map / Pauline Lamont-Fisher.
- [Wormelow] : Pauline Lamont-Fisher, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet [(22) p.) : col. ill. ; 10 x 194 cm, folded to 10 x 26 cm, in paper envelope 27 x 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L345 W355 2010+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artist's book, in accordion-fold concertina. The recto of each leaf bears a street name and snippets of text; some bear images of bus stops with bus numbers. The verso bears colour images of streets. Contained in a brown bag printed with the image of a map.
"This book documents the shape of a walk following a map found in the back of an old, discarded Health and Safety pamphlet illustrating how to get to an exhibition at HMSO in 1950. Other information found on the way is included."--Artist's statement.
The images in this book are in colour. The book relates to another book by the artist, "Walking the past" which details the same walk but is printed in black and white.
Limited edition of 25 signed and numbered copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Lamont-Fisher, Pauline -- Publisher.Lamont-Fisher, Pauline. Walking the past.Maps in art.Memory in art.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.