Remarks on the Linnaean order of insects : forming a short and familiar introduction to the study of entomology / by a member of the Manchester Natural History Society ; illustrated by drawings from nature.
- London : Published by Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- 40 p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL468.5 .R46 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Attributed to James Aspinall Turner, founder of the Manchester Field-Naturalists and Archaeologists' Society and member of the Royal Entomological Society
Lithographs after Sarah Aspinall Turner. Printed by H.G. James.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 25, 564
Freeman, R.B. British natural history books 3768
Errata slip tipped in.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's contemporary printed boards; rebacked.
Description of the principal character and transformation of the seven orders of insects.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Entomology -- Study and teachingJames, H. G. -- Printer.Lithography, Colored -- Specimens -- 1828.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green -- Publisher.Manchester Field-Naturalists and Archaeologists' Society (Manchester, England)Royal Entomological Society of London.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.