Angel, Marie, Design for a bookplate for Charles Ryskamp, [late 20th century]
Design for a bookplate for Charles Ryskamp.
- [England], [late 20th century]
- Physical Description:
- 1 drawing : watercolor and gouache ; 10 x 10 cm, in frame 17 x 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ8770.76.A54 D47 FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of William S. Reese, Yale BA 1977View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Drawings & Watercolors
- The artist, Marie Angel (1923-2010), studied at the Croydon School of Arts and Crafts and later at the Royal College of Art. She specialized in miniatures and calligraphy.
Original design for a bookplate for Charles Ryskamp, in watercolor and gouache on paper, by Marie Angel. The design features the initials CR, in blue, intertwined with the figures of a unicorn, roebuck, and pheasant. The design is matted and framed.
The artist also produced other bookplate designs for Ryskamp (not present in the collection), including one with the initial 'R' and a snail, and another with the initials 'CR' and a pansy.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookplates -- Specimens.Ryskamp, Charles.
Watercolors -- 1951-2000.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.