IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bunsen, Frances Waddington, Baroness, 1791-1876, Views of Rome and the environs , [ca. 1860?]
Views of Rome and the environs : photographed from the original drawings taken from nature by Frances Baroness de Bunsen.
- [England?] : [s.n.], [ca. 1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 30 leaves : albumen prints ; 27 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for Bunsen's original sketchbook, containing the drawings reproduced here
- Bunsen's original sketchbook, containing the drawings reproduced here, is now in the collections of the Yale Center for Britsh Art (Rare Books and Manuscripts; Folio A 2012 6a).
The original drawings are dated from 1817 to 1837.
Originally issued in (five?) parts. Title from printed wrappers.
Not listed by Anthony Hamber in: A higher branch of the art: photographing the fine arts in England, 1839-1880 (Amsterdam, 1996).
Barry, R.R. Rare books uncovered, pages 115-117
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete. Comprises part no. 1 only. In publisher's original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and photography.Photography -- England -- History -- 19th century.Photography of art.Rome (Italy) -- Pictorial works
- Albumen prints -- 1860.
- [Part no. 1] 1. Grotta Ferrata
- 2. Convent of S. Francesco, Frascati
- 3. Villa Borghese, Rome
- 4. Convent of Rocca di Papa, Mont Albano
- 5. Villa Falconieri, Frascati
- 6. Near Monte Porzia, Mont Albano.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.