The present state of Peru : comprising its geography, topography, natural history, mineralogy, commerce, the customs and manners of its inhabitants, the state of literature, philosophy, and the arts, the modern travels of the missionaries in the heretofore unexplored mountainous territories, etc., etc. / the whole drawn from original and authentic documents, chiefly written and compiled in the Peruvian capital and embellished bytwenty engravings of costumes, &c.
- London : Richard Phillips ..., 1805.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 487 p. : col. plates ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF3444 S54 1805+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by B. M'Millan, Bow Street, Covent Garden.
Preface signed: Joseph Skinner.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 723
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Peru -- History.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1805.Ethnic costume -- Peru.Indians of South America -- Peru.M'Millan, B. -- Printer.Pendarves, E. W. Wynne (Edward William Wynne), 1775-1853 -- Bookplate.Peru -- Description and travel.Peru -- History -- To 1820.Phillips, Richard -- Publisher.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1805.Voyages and travels.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.