Shaw, Henry, 1800-1889, The decorative arts ecclesiastical and civil of the Middle Ages, 1851
The decorative arts ecclesiastical and civil of the Middle Ages by Henry Shaw, F.S.A.
- London, William Pickering, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.., -32,  p. ill., 41 col. plates (part. fold.) 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK700 S5+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 142
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Various plates and illustrations after Vertue, Lebegue, Carlo Crivelli, Holbein, and Van Eyck.
BAC : One plate lithographed by C. Chabot; another lithographed by Stannard & Dixon.
BAC : Most plates and illustrations by the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Church decoration and ornament.Decoration and ornament, Medieval.Decoration and ornament.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.