Long-legged fly / Helen Douglas.
- [Yarrow] : Weproductions, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : col.ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D68 E64 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Features images of a long-legged fly (Dolichopodidae) among tall grass and a small stream or pond.
"These books [in the Flit series] were originated in 2002 and put into production in 2006. They were conceived as small visual poems. Images are paired in three double spreads, and gather around an insect or flower within their setting, upon Deuchar burn. Ephemeral like the Mayfly (Ephemera danica), they are printed on plain paper and fold like a letter into an envelope."--Weproductions website.
"Printed by inkjet with guaranteed Ultrachrome inks on character original wove paper, white cover, thread bound."--Weproductions website.
Original copyright date 2002. Flit series published 2006.
BAC: British Art Center copy has cased with it the four other titles in Douglas's Flit series (all Weproductions, 2006): Ephemera 1 -- Ephemera 2 -- Buttercup -- Whirligig.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Dolichopodidae.Photography, Artistic -- Great Britain.Visual poetry.Weproductions -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.