Douglas, Helen, 1952-, Reflection , c2006
- Reflection / Helen Douglas.
- Yarrow : Weproductions, c2006.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D68 R44 2006+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "These two contemplative books [Glyph and Reflection] were made in the same period as Swan songs with damselflies. In both books the images are printed on fine transparent Chinese paper as individual double spreads, the inks penetrating to the verso of each page. Images of plants and water reflections combine with paper and print to create subtle contemplative effects within and through the pages. Reflection captures delicate shimmer in distance and depth, whilst in the foreground dead rushes bend, reflect and mourn. In contrast Glyph captures the articulated excitement of lily pads emerging from water in spring. Angled and precise in mirror image reflection they punctuate the plain of water/page as letter, character: as glyph."--Weproductions website.
"Printed by inkjet with guaranteed Ultrachrome inks on 35gms Chinese drawing paper, cream card cover, thread bound. Edition of 40."--Weproductions website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration.Douglas, Helen, 1952- Glyph.Plants in art.Weproductions -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.