Threshold / Helen Douglas, Arron Shurin.
- Yarrow : Weproductions, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D68 T47 2006+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Pages printed by inkjet with guaranteed Ultrachrome inks on 30gsm cream Chinese drawing paper, thread bound into 210 x 300mm cream card cover with embossed title, fastened with green silk ribbon. Edition 40."--Weproductions website.
"This folio holds within its covers a beautiful union between the prints of classical goddesses made by Helen Douglas and the light quivering text by Aaron Shurin. The goddesses are at one within the landscape garden in which they live, rendered in textural and tonal fusion, the light transparency of paper and its saturation by ink adding to this confluence. As in a garden landscape, the viewer lightly turns the dapple leafed pages and ventures through, the goddesses serenely turning their heads and redirecting our attention and viewpoint. In an opening of sky, through the transparency of the page, they lead us to the hovering plain of text, and on reading this in turn heightens our awareness and leads us in excitement to Terpsichore, Diana and the full greens of spring."--Weproductions website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Gardens in art.Goddesses in art.Landscape photography.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.