Fores's new chalk drawing-book of studies of trees, landscape, animals, figures, buildings, &c. : from original drawings by Le Cave : a most improving work for students, & well selected.
- Additional Title(s):
New chalk drawing-book of studies of trees, landscape, animals, figures, buildings, &c.
- [London] : [Pub. Jany. 1, 1801, by S.W. Fores, No. 50, Piccadilly], 
- Physical Description:
- v. : all ill. ; 29 x 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 7Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Soft ground etchings by William Platt; after Peter La Cave.
Title from publisher's printed cover label to the individual parts. This label also advertises other works published by S.W. Fores.
Originally published in parts, each part comprises four plates.
Imprint from plates.
Description based on the copy at the Yale Center for British Art, which includes part numbers 1 and 2.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original sugar paper wrappers, with publisher's printed title labels.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Fores, S. W. -- Publisher.Painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1801.
Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1801.
YCBA Collections Search
La Cave, P. (Peter), Fores's new chalk drawing-book of studies of trees, landscape, animals, figures, buildings, &c. , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.