Douglas, Helen, 1952-, Field notes , 2006
- Field notes / by Helen Douglas.
- Yarrow : Weproductions, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 9 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D68 F545 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- "The book is made up of a small photographic collection of insects and leaves that Douglas had made, all photographed in relation to the book and the white page. One beetle makes for the crevice, another beetles off to the corner, a caterpillar crawls behind and up the edge of the page and a prickly holly leaf spears open the central spread. The printed pages of insects and leaves are inserted and threaded into a previously threaded blank paged notebook to create a bulging book with unruly fore edge, thus affirming the collection spirit of this final book."--Weproductions website.
"This small book was a commissioned work made for the 'Special Collections' exhibition of artists' books held at Leeds University, 2007."--Weproductions website.
"Printed by inkjet with guaranteed Ultrachrome inks, stitched with light brown cover, dust jacket, elastic textile band. Edition of 30."--Weproductions website.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 136
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Exhibitions.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Entomology -- In art.Leaves in art.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.